RSM Admissions Process
The majority of children join Reigate St Mary’s in the Early Years but we are pleased to welcome children into other year groups should spaces arise. We will have an additional Year 3 class in September 2021; please see below.
Please note that we are non-selective at point of entry but we do carry out informal observations during Taster Days, the results of which are discussed during a meeting at the end of that day.
If your child will be joining us into the Upper School (Years 3-6), we will invite him/her in for a more formal assessment of his/her current position and learning potential.
- For all entry points, please complete a brief online enquiry form in our Admissions portal OpenApply
- Please contact Admissions Officer Jenny Myddleton via email or telephone 01737 244880 to discuss spaces and so that we can find out about your family and your child or children.
- The next step might then be to register your child against their year group, entailing a £100 Registration fee. This may mean joining the waitlist if the year group is currently full.
- Subject to availability and (ordinarily) after a Taster Day or Stay & Play session, we then make a formal offer of place and request the deposit accordingly. While Taster Days aren’t possible, we have a number of alternative measures in place: please ask for details.
Entry into Early Years – Green Shoots, Kindergarten & Reception
Children enter Green Shoots from 2 1/2 years old (September and January intake, according to age) or Reception in the September before their 5th birthday.
If there are spaces in Kindergarten, children are welcome to join in the September before their 4th birthday.
- Places are offered if spaces are available.
- On acceptance of a place (excl. Reception), a deposit of £400 – refundable at the end of the child’s time at the school – is payable.
- On acceptance of a Reception place, in addition to the £400 refundable deposit, an additional £1000 deposit is requested. This is deducted from the first term’s Reception fee bill.
Entry into Year 3 – September 2021
We are pleased to be able to welcome a new class into Year 3 for September 2021 entry. Please contact Admissions Officer Jenny Myddleton to register your interest and to discuss the process required to register your child. To learn more about Upper School at RSM and to visit us virtually, please see here.
Little Shoots Toddler Groups
Under normal circumstances, prospective Green Shoots children and their parents are invited to regular Little Shoots Toddler Groups in advance of joining. These are an excellent way to familiarise everyone with the environment and staff, and to meet other parents. We will resume these as soon as it is safe to do so.
Stepping Stones Play Groups, Reception Tea Party & Meet the Teacher
Ordinarily, families considering Reception places are invited to bring their 3 or 4 year olds to a Stepping Stones Play Group in the year before they would join. Those families confirmed as joining Reception are invited to our ‘Meet the Teacher’ event in June, and the children join us for a Reception Tea Party in the Summer Term before their September start.