A Brand New Wellbeing Hub for Autumn 2021
Completion of the school’s new Wellbeing Hub is scheduled for Autumn 2021 and we could not be more excited! Wellbeing has always been at the centre of everything we do at RSM and a dedicated hub will complement our existing the pastoral work and provide a centre and focus for wellbeing throughout the school.
So, what is a Wellbeing Hub? It is:
- A space where children can spend time doing art and construction activities to explore self-awareness
- A place where support groups can meet and PSHE lessons/circle times can take place
- A dedicated space where children can talk openly about their worries and anxieties, which validates them and helps to give them coping mechanisms
- A place where children can go if they are feeling they need some space and time to calm down or to talk about their worries
- A place where children can complete mindful activities or play collaborative games
What will the Reigate St Mary’s Hub look like?
- It will be designed to look completely different to the school classrooms with the use of calming paint colours and comfortable, relaxing furniture, cushions and throws
- There will be plenty of wellbeing resources such as mindful activities, cooperative games, calm down toys, mindful books and publications
- it will have soft lighting/sensory lighting
We look forward to a grand opening in October 2021!