A Brand New Wellbeing Hub
The school’s new Wellbeing Room is up and running and we are delighted! Wellbeing has always been at the centre of everything we do at RSM, and a dedicated hub complements our existing pastoral work and provides a centre for wellbeing throughout the school.
So, what is a Wellbeing Hub? It is:
- A space where children can spend time doing art and construction activities to explore self-awareness
- A place where support groups can meet and PSHE lessons/circle times can take place
- A dedicated space where children can talk openly about their worries and anxieties, which validates them and helps to give them coping mechanisms
- A place where children can go if they are feeling they need some space and time to calm down or to talk about their worries
- A place where children can complete mindful activities or play collaborative games
What does the Reigate St Mary’s Hub look like?
- It has been designed to look completely different from the school classrooms, with the use of calming paint colours and comfortable, relaxing furniture, beanbags, cushions and throws
- There are plenty of wellbeing resources such as mindful activities, cooperative games, ‘calm down’ toys, mindful books and publications
- The room has soft sensory lighting
We look forward to a grand (calm) opening soon!